Mission and Vision
Develop and disseminate innovative models for biodiversity conservation that promote socioeconomic benefits through science, education, and sustainable business.
IPÊ is an institution dedicated to the conservation of biodiversity on a scientific basis. It is active in research, professional training, environmental education, and income generation programs and sustainable businesses that increase the socio-environmental responsibility of communities, entrepreneurs, and opinion makers.
- Research rare and/or endangered species and implement conservationist management plans, integrating nature with captivity, by adopting techniques for the introduction, reintroduction, and translocation of these species;
- Develop environmental education and agro-ecological extension programs in the communities surrounding the natural areas;
- Promote the training of professionals in various areas of conservation, especially Conservation Biology;
- Influence public policies that benefit biodiversity conservation in Brazil;
- Restore, regenerate, and rebuild habitat for endangered species;
- Obtain financial support for ongoing projects;
- Develop training projects and propose sustainable alternatives for income generation for the communities surrounding the protected areas to reduce the pressure on the environment;
- Promote partnerships with companies that adopt social and environmental responsibilities in order to help disseminate the potential of the business world in the changes towards sustainability.
To be a solid organization with national and international recognition for its excellence, which dreams, dares, innovates, and inspires with its transforming socio-environmental ideas and achievements.